More PP/ACA, More Fail. Employers all over the country are realizing that 29.5 hour employees are the new normal. You just have to know that once the Government jumps in and tries to fix that, 24.5 hour employees will be the new normal.
Popular clothing company Forever 21 is the first of what might be many companies to limit its non-management workers’ hours to 29.5 a week, just below the 30-hour minimum that the ACA deems full-time work.
Explaining that the company “recently audited its staffing levels, staffing needs, and payroll in conjunction with reviewing its overall operating budget,” Associate Director of Human Resources Carla Macias informed employees that effective August 31, they will no longer be full-time employees of Forever 21.
- NBC News Notices that Obamacare is Creating a Part-Time Nation (pjmedia.com)
- Businesses Cut Hours Due to Obamacare (drudge.com)
- NBC NEWS: Businesses, Unions, Colleges all say employee hours being cut over Obamacare but WH says “no evidence” (therightscoop.com)
- Local Institutions Employees Feeling Effects Of Obamacare (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Obamacare Forcing Employers To Cut Employees Hours (freebeacon.com)
- NBC News: Businesses Slashing Worker’s Hours Due to Obamacare (1800politics.com)
- NBC: Yes, employers are cutting hours to avoid ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- Forever 21 Denies Healthcare To Long Term Employees (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)